If you are interested in starting your own business but don’t know where to begin, browse the books in the "Start Your Own Business" section which are within the Curtis Money Neighborhood located near the Reference Desk.
“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
– Winston Churchill
10 Reasons Why a Library-Based Business is Preferable to a Home-Based Business
December 12th, 2014
Thinking of starting a home-based business?
Instead why not use the Curtis Library as your base of operations?
Advantages of operating a library-based business as opposed to a home-based business.
1. You don’t have to pay for office furniture.
2. You don’t have to own a computer.
3. You don’t have to pay for Internet.
4. You don’t have to clutter your domestic domicile with office furniture and computer equipment.
5. You don’t have to own a printer, a copier or a fax machine, although (as we will explore in future Curtis Money blog posts) it may be very easy for you to run a paperless business.
6. Curtis’ extensive business and financial resources are within easy reach.
7. Reference librarians are close at hand.
8. There are other people around (working home alone can cause one to feel isolated).
On the other hand there are also quiet zones with comfy chairs which are ideal for reading, collecting your thoughts and quiet contemplation.
9. Curtis offers are private study rooms which you can use for focused work, “Skyping,” and meeting with business associates and customers.
10. Curtis is open 62 hours a week and rarely loses power.