Use a library computer
- If a workstation is open and the screen indicates the station is available, you may sit down to use it
- Move the mouse or hit a key to open the log on window
- Enter all 14 digits of your barcode or all the numbers/letters in a guest id
- At first log on a barcode holder’s default password will be last name ; please change this after initial logon (see below)
- Guest accounts have no password
- Review the Internet Use Policy when it is displayed, and click on “I accept”
- Use the Start button to open the browser
- Note that time remaining for this session displays in the minimized icon
- You will receive a warning when 5 minutes remain in your session, and again at 1 minute
- You may exit at any time. Only time used counts toward your total daily limit.
- Total time allowed on any given day is two hours. In the Youth Services area sessions are allotted in 30 minute increments.
- Click on Print Preview
- Choose Print from the top of the screen
- Default printer is defined to be the closest printer to the computer. Accept this and choose the Print option at the bottom of the window.
- A window will open showing a list of your print requests
- You may hide this window and continue searching
- When ready to actually print, click on the My Print List tab at the bottom of the screen, which re-opens the list of print requests
- Select each item you want to print (left click) and click on the Print button at the bottom of the window; the next window shows how much the print out will cost, based on the number of pages. Decide whether to print this item or not, and click appropriate button.
- You may delete items from your print list at any time
- Items not printed will be deleted when you exit your session
- Pay for your printout at the service desk