Curtis Genealogy Room
* genealogy and local history reference books (non-circulating)
* early town records, city directories, Maine register
* genealogy magazines
* microfilm machine – scans to disk and prints
* library records and archives
* PCs (for genealogy research only)
* chairs and desks
* projector and screen for genealogy classes & training sessions
Is the Genealogy Room be open to the public?
Where is it?
When will the Genealogy Room be open?
During regular library hours
Is assistance available?
Yes! From Librarians and from Genealogy Volunteers (Fridays, 9:30 to Noon)
Can I submit a research request online?
Yes – Our staff and volunteer research assistants are happy to assist with local history and genealogy requests, both in person and via phone, e-mail, and our website’s request form. We will conduct an initial 30 minute search for information free of charge. We will scan and email up to 5 pages for free. If additional research is necessary, the cost is $15 per hour, up to a limit of 4 hours. This fee includes reasonable photocopies (at a rate of $.10 per copy) and postage.
“There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children – one is roots, and the other, wings.”
— Hodding S. Carter