Financially literacy for the rest of us!
Help for the Financially Shy is a section of Curtis Money which has been designed and created for people who don’t have a savings account much less an IRA.
This free online program offers easy to understand tips, short blog posts and videos for those who want to make more money and spend less money while paying down their debts.
This program starts at the very beginning – no previous financial knowledge is assumed or necessary.
- How (and why) to open a Savings Account
- How to create an emergency fund
- Tips for saving money
- How to increase your income (using the resources at Curtis Library)
- How to create a food budget
- How to get out (gradually but steadily) get out of debt
- Investing 101: (What’s a CD? What’s a Market Fund? How do I invest in Stocks? What’s an IRA)
- Recommended Money Help books, magazine articles and websites
Visit Help for the Financially Shy
Featured Website Resources Archive
Click here for a list of featured website resources.