Get Help With Your Tax Return
– Mondays 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
– Wednesday afternoons 3:30 – 7:30 pm
– Fridays 12:30 – 3:30 pm
AARP “Tax-Aide” volunteers are ready to help prepare federal and state income tax returns. This free service is sponsored by the IRS and the AARP Foundation.
Tax-Aide counselors are trained, tested and certified each year. Appointments are made at the reference desk (x510).
What You’ll Need to Bring
1. Driver’s License or other photo ID
2. Social Security Card or another form from the Social Security Administration for every person on the return. They can’t do the taxes without it
3. Last year’s tax returns + W2 and 1099 forms
Get or Replace a Social Security Card
How to replace a Social Security Card for an adult:
Replace a Social Security Card for an Adult
Local Social Security office in Portland:
550 Forest Ave
Portland, ME 04101