5 Ways to Supplement Your Income Using Library Resources
Contemporary public libraries are not just about books, music and movies.
You can also use the resources at Curtis to improve your financial situation.
- Search the library catalog for books on how to start a home or online business. Need help? Ask a reference librarian.
- Make yourself more marketable in the job market by gaining additional computer skills and/or preparing for examinations. Need help? Ask a reference librarian.
- Check out a book on How to sell on eBay. Need help? Ask a reference librarian.
- Do you have a story to tell? Search the library catalog for books on self-publishing. Search MARVEL! for articles on self-publishing. Need help? Ask a reference librarian.
- Use the library’s job search computers to search for a 2nd job and to update your resume. Need help? Ask a reference librarian.
In addition to providing guided access to the information and technical know-how necessary to make money by starting a business, selling on eBay, self-publishing a book and/or acquiring a second job, Curtis also provides public PCs, printers and free Wi-Fi.
Need help with the computers?
Curtis librarians are often able to provide assistance with basic computer tasks such as editing and formatting resumes, exporting Word documents as PDFs (necessary for self-publishing) and uploading digital photos (recommended for creating eBay auctions).
Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries.
― Anne Herbert